University of Victoria
My art practice inquires into the relationship between installation, performance, and painting, and how these come together to form and make visible an ecology of creative process. I utilize my formal training in painting as the cornerstone to these various trajectories within my studio practice. My work stems from a formalist studio driven investigation into materials where one project or thought informs the next progression of research. I am interested in the relation between the body and painting, showcasing the action of process, self referencing imagery, and site specific projects. Through the utilization of a restricted colour palette and limited dynamism in a painted picture, I produce works that utilize the immediacy of paint and the logic of gravity to focus on producing an image that I relinquish control of. Ultimately producing abstract imagery that creates its own subjective content for viewership and experience.
1. 72 Hour (1.29.20), acrylic on voile, 25'x8', 2020
2. 72 Hour (1.29.20) Drop Cloth, acrylic on canvas, 25'x25', 2020
3. 48 Hour (Walk-In Structure), acrylic on voile, 14'x14'x8', 2019
4. 48 Hour (Walk-In Structure), acrylic on voile, 14'x14'x8', 2019, detail photo
5. 48 Hour (Walk-In Structure), acrylic on voile, 14'x14'x8', 2019, detail photo